Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Our System

We have multiple computers in our house. One server, one Mac (Mike's) one for the kids and one that is mine.
When C&L are doing their school online (time4learning), their "designated days rule" is not in force. Usually, Lundi works upstairs and Caleb, because he has a harder time with background noise, works down stairs in the office. Otherwise, it works like this:
Sunday-it stays off
Monday-Lauren's day
Tuesday-Moms day
Wednesday-Moms day
Thursday-Caleb's day
Friday-Lundi's day
Saturday-Harrison's day

The reason that I have days on their computer is because it gives me a chance to have a "no media day," or give one of the other kids an extra day if they need it. This has proved to be the system that works best for us. Their designated computer day, also happens to be their day for family prayers. Now......Lauren sometimes takes the "her day" thing waaaaay overboard. Like she thinks that she rules everything all day (meals, tv shows, where we go....on and on). Other than that, it goes pretty smoothly.
Hope this helps, see you on the morrow.
KKS

1 comment:

Tara said...

I like the idea of having learning time separate... this gives me a little more control over what they are doing on the computer. But I also recognize that they need free time too... I'm not sure if I'll go to days, but rotating in some form makes sense to me.