Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finding Your Style

I was lent some books to read over to help me determine the best way to home school my children according to their needs and my own. Although I've not finished reading any of them all the way through. I do recommend two of them for others.

1. 100 Top Picks For Homeschool Curriculum by Cathy Duffy
~This one walks you through specific questions and helps you appropriately weigh them out. It also explains the various different styles. (Even though I knew I wasn't traditional and didn't plan to purchase a specific curriculum, it includes that kind of learning and teaching in the assessment as well). It also includes websites, book titles, and other such things to help you. I will include the website for the curriculum reviews: CLICK HERE.

2. Talkers, Watcher, & Doers by Cheri Fuller
~This one helps you understand (or unlock) the learning style of your children. Knowing this information will save lots of energy and maybe even emotional strain while working with your children.

The last book I will list is good if you want direct answers all in one place. It can certainly be helpful, but the above two were my top picks of the three I was lent.

3. The Homeschooling Book Of Answers by Linda Dobson
~Answers to normal homeschooling questions, especially for the beginning homeschooler.

No comments: