Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Of Interest - and a Meteor Shower

Okay, Okay... so we've not been around much. If would certainly seem that we've all been busy doing all the wonderful things (and maybe not so wonderful) that stream into our lives over the last few months... I'm here, though, because I wanted to share some more gems of interest.

My family is into stars - the children received a telescope from Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas (which hasn't had a lot of use yet because it was always sooooo crazy cold on good clear nights). With that in mind, we're planning a bit of a field trip and the logical place would have been the planetarium in Boston... but wait, I found one closer.

Actually, I seem now to have found two closer. One in Fairfield and one at USM. The links can be found below. The one in Fairfield, best I can tell, is a traveling one. Sounds pretty neat... and it'll be at the Kingfield days for anyone interested. The one at USM has all sorts of shows and workshops. Go ahead and check them out.

Northern Stars Planetarium
Southworth Planetarium

I also thought you'd be interested to know there is to be a meteor shower tomorrow morning before dawn. (Not sure we'll be able to see through the clouds for it, but it would be neat to see if the clouds break).

No comments: