Monday, April 27, 2009

The Planetarium in Portland

Okay, so we went... to Portland, Maine... to the Planetarium. Not what I was expecting. Not bad either, just not something I'd take young kids to. The "show" turned out to be a slide show of information - I had thought it would have been a "movie". My kids (7, 5, nearly 4, and 2) did really well.... okay, so the 2 year old fell asleep, the nearly 4 year old decided 45 minutes into it that is was just too boring, the 5 year old was also "done" about 10 minutes to the end. The 7 year old, though it was her favorite topic (or one of them), said we didn't need to stay and see the other show. Partly because she was afraid it might be scary (the topic was Black Holes), but also, so she told me, because it wasn't as fun as she thought it would be.

So... I'd say 3rd grade age and up would be fine. Anything less than that, make other plans.

No comments: