Friday, January 25, 2008

A Guide

There are always the questions "Where to begin? And where do I go next?" running around in my head. I'm sure many of you feel the same way! Especially if you are homeschooling, or planning to homeschool, but I also go through this with my oldest who is, at present, in public school. Education is not something I just leave to the school alone because I know my child best and I don't have the same demands or restrictions that the school and teachers do. Also because my child loves to learn and, honestly, can't handle not learning (or doing) something.

I have found something that, in looking over, I really like. It's not actually a homeschooling or even a local curricumlum. I wanted something more on level with my own child, but mostly something to guide me. This does that, although we'll be working at various levels with it, so mostly I'm using it as a guide.

It's from a private school in Chile (yes, Chile the country). However, this school teaches a US Education and is the place where the ambassadors' children attend school (as well as local Chileans and Americans). I'm providing a link for anyone who wants to take a look. You will need to click on the corresponding age group to get the run down. They start with age 3 and go through 12th grade. Click on Academic and then any of the "schools" listed. Scroll down to find the list you want.

NIDO

2 comments:

Kim said...

Tara,

Thank you for your sweet phone call this morning. I must inform you, though, that the reason I responded so quickley is that I am one of those "freaker moms" (as seen by others)and understand the panic of losing one of the littles.
My fears were confirmed, though, the other day when I read a story about some children who were abducted and abused from an LDS church in Colorado. yes, we do live in the Maine bubble, but we also have to be vigilent.
Thank you, also for leaving me a comment on my blog. This is especially great because now I know you have a blog and I can read it!!

Have you officially decided to homeschool? If so, congratulations! It won't change much for you, I know you have been doing it your entire motherhood career, but you will definently be associating with a unique group of people. It really is a neat society, one which I gleen from.
It looks to me like you have already discovered a few of the homeschool nuggets. If I have something to contribute, I will do so. I am by no means a professional HSer, but consider myself "seasoned" and enjoy exchanging ideas and resources. I know of another really great site that really helped when I was new to HSing and still visit occasionally for graet encouragement. I'll find the link and send it to you.
Have a great day and I will be in touch again soon.
Love,
Kim

Kim said...

Wow, this site has changed since I visited it last, much more comprehensive. I'll definently be spending more time here.
http://ldshomeschoolinginca.org/
Another one I like that my kids have beem using lately is
www.time4learning.com
Hope these help.
KKS